10.13.2010

Spun Sugar


I ended up sitting in a hotel room north of Baltimore last week as the remnants of a tropical depression poured down upon the region. After being awakened by (and continually hearing through the morning) police and ambulance sirens heading to respond to accidents on I-83, I sighed. Summer is over. Winter is coming. Ugh....

Regaining my composure, I used the opportunity to pull out my laptop and begin to assemble this mix: a mostly fun, slightly trippy little jaunt to bring a little sunshine to the cloudy, cold days ahead: some popular, some obscure, some infamous.... The rough draft was put together that afternoon, although I was reminded that I'd forgotten to rip some key CD's onto my new computer after the old one died. Some of those songs were added after I returned home late last week, and I did a great deal of re-ordering and re-tooling over the weekend (a beautiful few days of Indian Summer).

This week's forecast? Much cooler with chances of (much needed) rain. Looks like I'll be closing my eyes and putting on my headphones....


01. Mrs. Green/THE POSIES
02. Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow/STRAWBERRY ALARM CLOCK
03. Baby Lee/TEENAGE FANCLUB
04. The Universal/BLUR
05. Renaissance Fair/THE BYRDS
06. Motorcycle Daydream/BEDROOM EYES
07. Ruby Tuesday/THE ROLLING STONES
08. Girlshapedlovedrug/GOMEZ
09. She's Not There/THE ZOMBIES
10. Lion Face Boy/SEABEAR
11. French Navy/CAMERA OBSCURA
12. Write About Love/BELLE AND SEBASTIAN
13. Our Lips Are Sealed/FUN BOY THREE
14. Ticket To Ride/THE BEATLES
15. Lost And Found/TAKEN BY TREES
16. 59th Street Bridge Song/HARPERS BIZARRE
17. ....Sudden Stars/STEREOLAB
18. See Emily Play/PINK FLOYD
19. Sunshine Superman/DONOVAN
20. Blue-Green Eyes/THE SUNDOWNERS
21. In The Dreamlife You Need A Rubber Soul/THE CLEAN
22. Have You Heard The Word/THE FUT
23. My Love Explodes/THE DUKES OF STRATOSPHEAR

NW014

No comments: